Friday, August 12, 2016

Early Morning Cyclist Inspiration

Free Syrup

Inspiration comes in many ways.  I think it is a sign, that the day before we head off camping there is an offering of free syrup on the side of the road.   Not maple syrup, no, this is the pancake variety.  (Not specified for waffles) Which is fine since there is no place to plug the waffle iron in at the campsite.  
 Made of the finest ingredients: 
CORN SYRUP, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, WATER, CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF: NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, CELLULOSE GUM, SALT, CARAMEL COLOR, SODIUM BENZOATE AND SORBIC ACID (PRESERVATIVES), AND SODIUM HEXAMETAPHOSPHATE.

Mmmmmm,  HEXAMETAPHOSPHATE.

I notice that they didn't even bother with the word Maple as in "Maple Flavor", "Imitation Maple Flavor".  Nope, this is just syrup.  It is also from "Signature Kitchens" which sounds a little fancier than the ingredient list might suggest. 
That is one of the biggest energy gels I've ever seen.
After examining the ingredient list I think I might know why it was on the side of the road.

Yes, it was sealed.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to try this! I love HEXAMETAPHOSPHATE! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete