Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The Dempsey Challenge 2013

This will be my 5th year doing the challenge!  I haven't missed one yet.  With your donations I have raised $6270 to help people struggling with cancer.

Donate Here!  

The Deadline is coming right up so don't wait.


Here's a summary of years gone by:
  • Year - Mileage - Bike - Amount Raised 
  • 2009 - 50 - Univega Viva Sport - $840
    • My first BIG group ride, pretty exciting!  I was so cute back them, I thought this ride was long.
  • 2010 - 100 - Univega Viva Sport  - $2550
    • My first century, also exciting!  Even though I have been biking more I had never ridden this far and was a little worried about riding for that long.  I was pretty proud to be riding it on my almost 30 year old bike. This was also the year I lost my dad to cancer
  • 1011 - 100 - Scott CR1- $1660
    • My fastest century, still exciting.  This was the year I set out to see how fast I could go.  I remember the temps hitting near 90 in October.
  • 1012 - 100 - Surly Cross Check $1220
    • My slowest century, less exciting.  I decided to do the ride on a slower heavier bike this year, pushed it pretty hard and paid the price.  All's well that ends well.
  • 2013 - 100 - ???? - ????
    • What's it going to be this year?  Let's see, if I can raise $10,000 I'll ride the fatbike around the 100 mile course.  (I feel pretty safe in saying that; but it would be a fun story)
The Dempsey Challenge raises money to support The Patrick Dempsey Center For Cancer Hope & Healing.  In most years they raise around $1,000,000 which goes directly to the center which offers free counseling, care & support to anybody impacted by cancer.  Your donations support local people to help make their lives better at a time when they need support the most.  

Thanks for making a difference!

P.S., I really want to get the jersey which takes a fundraising minimum of $1000!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment