Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Friday September 13, 2013: A Shameful Day (And a Month In Review)

Not just because it has been 5 weeks since my last post, although that is pretty shameful too considering how many bike related activities have come and gone.  Note that it even took me a few days to post this.

Friday the 13th was shameful because it was the first day in about 2 years that I could have biked to work and didn't, not because I needed the car at work but because I just couldn't haul my ass out of bed.  In my defense, I had stayed out late at a JJ Grey & Mofro concert and didn't get to bed until almost 1:00.  OK, I'm over it.

In other news, I rode in the Great Adventure Challenge and came in 3rd overall, ignoring teams of course, cheaters.(Results), 2nd in my age group and was first at the end of the bike leg, not too shabby.  Unfortunately, it's gone past the statute of limitations to write a full blog on the subject.

This about sums it up.
Lake Region Photography got a lot of good shots that I'm not at liberty to post since I'm to cheap to buy them but you can find them here.

Then came a week of camping, admittedly, the first part of that week had no biking and not much walking.  Coming in third does have it's consequences.  But by Friday I was up for a little hike up Mt Washington.
Awesome Views
Followed on Saturday with a ride up Burnt Meadow Mountain.
And I use the term "Ride" loosely
Since returning from the camping trip my weekends have included 3 Saturday morning group rides with Team Loon of about 40, 50 & 60 miles in preparation for the Loon Echo Trek next weekend.

And lastly but not leastly I "completed" my stable with an amazing machine!  Because I needed another bike.  More on that to come (probably a 12 step program in bike buyers anonymous too).
Felt F4X

1 comment:

  1. Wow that was brief! I know, it's hard to remember all that stuff with a shiny new bike distracting you!

    ReplyDelete