Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Someday I Will Realize...

that riding through a foot of snow to get to work isn't as fun or romantic as it seems.  Seriously, it took me 45 minutes to ride the 7 miles to get to the trails.  Once I got there I found between 4-12" of soft snow on them.  The rest of the trip was 4 miles of hard peddling to average 3.4MPH.  Yup, that is about an hour and 20 minutes to ride 4 miles with a total commute time of over 2 hours.


Winter "wonder" land.  I wonder if this is fun.

I spend the whole ride wondering if I am crazy.  Who would do this on purpose anyway?


These trees make for slow going,
The front tire washes out for the 100th time and I'm walking up another hill.   By the time I get to work my bike weighs an extra 10 lbs and so do my clothes.
Abominable Snow Bike

Then I realize that I'm in the middle of nature.  I've seen some deer and eagles on my ride.  The only thing I am worrying about is how I'm going to maneuver the next rut or hill.  By 8:00 I've got more exercise than most people get in a week or possibly a month.   Maybe I'll never learn.  But I do think I will be looking for a ride home tonight.  I think I've had my fill for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment