Tuesday, April 3, 2018

To Cross The Lake Or To Not Cross The Lake

So far, so good.  Little Sebago lake and I have an agreement.  It doesn't dump me in and I don't complain when it is buried under a foot of snow... Who am I kidding, you can't bargain with a lake.  Anyway, understanding how the ice works and being observant seems to work too.   I thought my trips across the lake were going to be over in early March after a really warm spell and I was feeling the loss.  I thought this was my last trail commute.  Around 1:24 you can see plenty of open water around the shore.

March 7th, 2018
I was commuting around the lake by road for a few weeks.  I think it was only a few days but it felt like weeks.  A series of cold nights renewed the ice and froze in the shores again! I made it to the end of March and squeezed in a few more trips in April.  It's interesting to see how a few days can change the ice in the spring.
March 29th, 2018


April 2nd, 2018
 

April 3rd, 2018
No more commutes for me for a few days to this will have to be the end.  I'm going to miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment