Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Better Late Then Never


http://support.dempseychallenge.org/goto/BrianEdwards2017

Normally I start pestering people for Dempsey Challenge donations earlier than this.  But this year I was busy lazy and am just getting around to it. Kelly and I have both raised our minimums thanks to a certain Saulnier clan directing their traditional yearly donations through our fundraising pages.  That was really appreciated!

Also, normally we are trying to split our fundraising between Dempsey and the Not Dead Yet ride.  Unfortunately, that ride was canceled this year.  Ultimately I think this is a good thing because The Dempsey Center in Lewiston is joining forces with The Cancer Community Center in Portland.  This means that fundraising for Dempsey will be shared with the CCC and the resources will be shared between the two facilities.  Enough on that, you can read about it here: Cancer Community Center, Dempsey Center to merge

So, back to the fundraising.  This will be my 9th year riding in the challenge.  I started doing the 50 mile ride and wondering if I could finish it.  Now at 50 years old I'll go out and ride 50 miles without even worrying if I have a water bottle. Yes, if you keep doing something you will get better at it.  Over the years I have raised about $10,000 for this cause.  When I say "I have raised" I mean you have raised.  I'm only facilitating the donations.

My plan for this year is to see if I can complete the 100 miles in under 5 hours.  This will be a stretch and I'll need a fast group to ride in.  Last weekend was a nice easy 100 miles with friends at the Loon Echo Trek.  I'm planning on riding the Dempsey harder.
Loon Echo Trek


Without further ado, click here and donate.
http://support.dempseychallenge.org/goto/BrianEdwards2017

I did just notice that people that fundraise over $10,000 will get a TAG Heuer Timepiece.  So anybody with really deep pockets feel free!
What, No Heart Rate?

This would be a huge update from my fitbit.  Although it doesn't measure heart rate so I'm not sure I would wear it.



No comments:

Post a Comment