Sunday, April 22, 2012

First 5K


I ran my first 5k yesterday. 



What does a 5K race have to do with cycling?  Absolutely nothing!  and I have the amazingly sore muscles to prove it.  One would think that with the relatively few leg muscles to choose from that being extremely dedicated to a one sport that uses them extensively would lend itself to participating in another sport that does.  Nope.  My biking legs and my biking lungs let me finish with a respectable 27:05 time for an overall place of 158/491 but I'm hobbling more than a fit person should.


It was also the first 5K for my mother and Rose's second.  All non-runners.

So, now I have a choice, Add the 5K in as a cross training exercise or stick to the bike?  Feel free to post a comment to tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment