Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Great Trails

Last year when I set out on my first all trail commute it seemed like a big adventure.  I printed off a snowmobile map and set out at 5:00 in the morning because I wasn't sure if I would get "lost" or how long it would take.  Actually, I did get lost that first trip and it took about 2 and a half hours.  My first trail commute ever was on March 8, 2011 and it was my 5th commute of the year.  This year my first trail commute of the year was on January 24 and I have taken the trails almost every day since.  It isn't March 8 yet but I have 32 commuting days so far this year.  Now they are as routine to me as riding the roads.  If all the trails are passable I only ride on the road about 1/8 mile to the trail head.  I cross a total of 3 roads.  The total distance is about 10 miles and the trail ends on the property at my office.  I often don't see a single car but can see dozens of deer.
2 Deer (one is looking at you)


The trails to work are only an option when the lake is frozen and the trails are compacted enough to ride and I ride them every chance I get.  Here's why.

No comments:

Post a Comment