Monday, September 9, 2019

Dempsey Challenge 2019



Year number Eleven! Yup, I've done 10 of these rides so far.  The first was "only" a 50 mile ride but I did some extra miles on other years so I'm right about 1,000 miles and 10 lobsters in on Dempsey Challenges. I've collected well over $10,000 in donations to support The Dempsey Center over the years and talked to quite a few friends that have used the services there.
Last Year, Half Way


I have no idea what this year will bring.  One year it was snowing at the start.  One year it was 90+ degrees in October.  One year my legs cramped and I barely made it in.  One year I did it in just over 5 hours.  Several years I have ridden with my wife.  Some years I do the 100 miles solo. And others in groups.
http://support.dempseychallenge.org/goto/bedwards


So what will it be this year?  Honestly I haven't been doing many (any) long rides.  70 miles last weekend was my longest ride this year.  I was thinking I was going to ride my new Titanium Bike. But then I got a new (to me) road bike.  I probably won't ride my new (to me) Mountain Bike. It might depend on the weather.  If it is nice this might be the year to go for a speed record with a fast group.  If it is rainy I'll take the commuter bike. I'll let you know.
Bring It On


So, with out further ado: 


 Donate To Brian Edwards Here
Or if you'd rather
Donate to Kelly Edwards Here
 As long as we both get to $150 we'll be happy. 

This is not a totally selfless act.  There are rewards at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment