Sunday, February 10, 2019

Norway Maine Trail Perfection

After riding the same trails back and forth to work and then running the dogs on the weekend I wanted something different.  All I had to do was ask and a ride was cultivated just for me.  The Western Maine Cycling group offered to lead a ride around the groomed trails in Norway.  They also provided all the pictures for this blog.
Most of the group
From a Friday night invite we got 11 riders.  It would have been 13 but they hit a deer en-route to the ride.  13 would have been unlucky and it was certainly unlucky for them.  Not only did they get a mashed up car but missed out on some of the best riding all year.  The riding group is very inclusive and welcoming to all skill levels.


Somebody got a video of the rippin' trail conditions. I'm the one in red in the first part of the video.  Don't feel bad if you didn't recognize me, all us fatbikers look the same.  

I'm not sure where we are here.  Lake Pennesseewassee, Maybe
The Norway trails are one of Maine's worst kept secret trail systems that nobody knows about.  Worse kept because they certainly want to share it with as many people as possible.
The lake looks so perfect that there is NO WAY anybody could crash on it.
 So I'm on the lake "just riding along" and enjoying the view.  Wham! And all of a sudden a deep ice rut appears diagonally across the trail and I get to meet the ice, real quick.  It was total inattention my part and a Fuckin Meow moment.  Nothing that a chiropractor can't clear up for a few boat payments.

 A Relive video may eventually show up here: Norway Trail Perfection

After the 2 hour, 16 mile ride we headed to Norway Brewing Company for beers and brunch where we hung out and talked to the people we were just riding with.  If you happen to be on Strava, ride the trails and go for beers a the brew company, you might just notice a similarity between trail names and beer names.  Mr Grumpypants told me himself. 

I'm looking forward to my ride to work with these conditions tomorrow.  Wait, did I just say that?

No comments:

Post a Comment