This will be my 5th year doing the challenge! I haven't missed one yet. With your donations I have raised $6270 to help people struggling with cancer.
The Deadline is coming right up so don't wait.
Here's a summary of years gone by:
- Year - Mileage - Bike - Amount Raised
- 2009 - 50 - Univega Viva Sport - $840
- My first BIG group ride, pretty exciting! I was so cute back them, I thought this ride was long.
- 2010 - 100 - Univega Viva Sport - $2550
- My first century, also exciting! Even though I have been biking more I had never ridden this far and was a little worried about riding for that long. I was pretty proud to be riding it on my almost 30 year old bike. This was also the year I lost my dad to cancer
- 1011 - 100 - Scott CR1- $1660
- My fastest century, still exciting. This was the year I set out to see how fast I could go. I remember the temps hitting near 90 in October.
- 1012 - 100 - Surly Cross Check $1220
- My slowest century, less exciting. I decided to do the ride on a slower heavier bike this year, pushed it pretty hard and paid the price. All's well that ends well.
- 2013 - 100 - ???? - ????
- What's it going to be this year? Let's see, if I can raise $10,000 I'll ride the fatbike around the 100 mile course. (I feel pretty safe in saying that; but it would be a fun story)
The Dempsey Challenge raises money to support The Patrick Dempsey Center For Cancer Hope & Healing. In most years they raise around $1,000,000 which goes directly to the center which offers free counseling, care & support to anybody impacted by cancer. Your donations support local people to help make their lives better at a time when they need support the most.
Thanks for making a difference!
P.S., I really want to get the jersey which takes a fundraising minimum of $1000!!!